Saturday, April 11, 2009

We are finally home! A family of four! This morning the four of us were in bed together and I couldn't believe it...we have TWO kids...we are a growing family and I love every bit of it! If you haven't read about baby George's arrival, you can do so here. Magnolia is doing so well, she really seems to understand that the baby was in my tummy and now he's out and here. She's shown no jealousy or anger as of yet. We're doing a good job of spoiling her and keeping her involved in baby things. I was in bed with the baby while he slept and Magnolia came up and starting giving him lots of love. He opened his eyes and seemed to love her attention. I was so glad I had my camera right next to me so I could capture this sweet shot of the two of them.

We took George to the doctor this morning and he's doing perfectly well! Here he is in his carseat right before leaving.
Magnolia is checking out her brother as soon as we arrived home from the hospital.
Baby George in the hospital all dressed and ready to go home.
Waiting in his daddy's arms for the doctor to come and discharge me, wearing the beautiful handknit hat my sister made for him.
Big George getting Little George dressed to go home.
One proud daddy!
So good to be home...

10 comments:

jdoyle said...

I'm so glad to see George at home, and to see new pictures of Magnolia. I was beginning to miss her sweet face!

Magnolia must be thrilled to have you home, and a new brother, too! I remember the feeling when my brother came home from the hospital when I was three - I loved it! I gladly gave up the "baby of the family" throne.

Jeannine

kimpanek said...

Lucy, George, and Magnolia- Congratulations! We are so happy for you all. Baby George is just adorable! Looking forward to seeing many pictures of Magnolia and George growing up together.
Congratulations again!
All the best!
The Panek Family

Emily said...

geesh, those are some pretty sweet pics of you all! i love the photo of magnolia w/ george in his burrito shell. and, that hat looks perty cute too! and, the burberry sleeper? omg, and i told you to pick up some terry sleepers from target! great to see the going home from the hospital shots--i sure did miss out leaving early and would have loved to see you guys make that transition, so thanks for sharing! looking forward to easter morning...XOXO

Bridget said...

Sooo cute and sooo sweet! Love the pictures with Magnolia and baby George! Also love the coming home outfit- who says there aren't cute clothes for boys? Hope all is going well - wish you all the best!

Bridget

Jill said...

Welcome Home Lucy!
Happy Easter!!
Glad to hear things are going well. Can't wait to see more updates!!
Hugs, Jill

Emily said...

Lucy-this message is from Willa & Ellie:
Willa says, "Aunt Lucy! baby George is so cute!I can't wait to see him. Congratulations!say hi to Magnolia for me.bye~bye"

Ellie says, "hi aunt Lucy i can't what to see him say hi to magnolia and uncle george. congratulations.byby"

Jennifer said...

Lucy,
So happy that your are starting the new journey as your beautiful family of 4! What a miracle your sweet children are.... Enjoy every minute!


Jen

Jboo said...

Congratulations!! He is adorable!! Love the photos of little George with his sweet big sister and Daddy!

Have been out of the loop at Disneyworld and have been so anxious to check on you all! Take care. I'm sure you all over the moon with joy!

Janet

Casey said...

What sweet pictures!! He is absolutely adorable!! I forget how little they are when they are brand new to the world!

Looks like brother and sister and doing really well!! Hope Mom is doing well too! Thanks for sharing!

AllieB said...

So sweet! Congrats, Congrats, Congrats!!!!!!
Keep posting pics love you all:)
Allie