Saturday, August 29, 2009

I'm finally posting a few of my favorite pictures of my family's reunion. It was such a fun, fun week. We really had a blast. Our family of 8 has grown into a family of 27! My brother had t-shirts made with our name and the number we entered the family on the back. Even George IV had one as number 26 with Margaret following him as number 27! It took place at my grandparent's cottage on a small lake in Michigan. It was a place that we all loved as children as we spent many summers there. Since my grandfather's passing last summer it only seemed fitting that we all go back. It was such a walk down memory lane for all of us. I even saw a friend that I had there so many years ago. We also went to an ice cream shop that has been in town since I was born. In fact it was the very place that my grandparents knew I arrived. They were fishing at their cabin (without a phone) and awaiting word on my arrival. The only way my parents could get word to them was by announcing my arrival in the shop window knowing they would drive by and see it! I took 200 photographs and put them in this slideshow. It's 9 minutes long and pretty boring if you're not in my family but I'm posting it for them. I'll be back soon with more pics from happenings around here. Hope you are enjoying these final days of summer!

Love this family photo because Magnolia loved the dirt and sand and it seemed her face looked like this all week. :)
Impossible to keep Magnolia clothed lately so we compromised going "French" style on the beach. :)

George turned a corner that week. We changed his formula and I think with all the sitting up he's doing, his acid reflux improved which in turn dramatically improved his mood. I think he also loved all the cuddling and attention he was getting. He's such a peach. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXq7nzISS0s

3 comments:

Jboo said...

You have the cutest family! That Magnolia is so adorable and baby George --oh my -- he has grown so much -- what a sweetie! Sounds like a really fun family reunion! Have a great weekend.

Janet

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

What a fun family reunion....the tshirts are so great!!

I love your family photo.....you have such a beautiful family!!

Glad to hear the reflux is better....we had problems with Nick and had to put him on a special formula. We called it "liquid gold" because it was double the price of standard formula!!

Enjoy what is left of your weekend!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

I adore the photo of Magnolia with the dirty face. TOO cute!

Family reunions are the best.

Hugs,

Krista