Thursday, October 01, 2009

Catching Up

Wow, I've been away a while! I've been so busy with house projects and travel. We spent the other weekend in South Bend visiting my parents. My dad took George to a Notre Dame game and my mom and I tagged along for the tailgating. It was a lot of fun! My parents have a house right near campus so it was a beautiful walk to and from. Here we are hanging out on their front porch.
Last weekend we took our family room and made it a playroom with nothing but toys in it. I'm so happy to have this room instead of toys all over the house and so is Magnolia.
I confessed to George my anxieties over the amount of photos I've taken and the questionable way I've backed them up. He bought a separate hard drive and backed everything up for me...phew! We also got a new pocket camera to replace to one that froze in my purse last winter. We missed that one because it was so easy to take a quick video. We realized we weren't taking videos anymore and knew we had to start again! In other technological news, I inherited George's old iPhone. I love this phone and so does Magnolia. George uploaded all kinds of apps for her and usually at the end of a meal in a restaurant it gets pulled out as the last trick in our bag and saves the day. Now I get the power of this magic trick!

I'll be back soon with news from Magnolia & George's world!

4 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Hi Lucy,

SO good to hear from you!! I kept forgetting to tell you that we are headed to South Bend for the USC game the weekend of the 17th. I believe we are going to be there Thursday through Sunday. Pat's family rents a house right near campus for at least 2 weeks every October so they can catch a couple home games. If you are heading back out....let me know, I would love to meet you all in person!


Aren't the iphone apps awesome for the kids? You are right.....they are perfect to pull out in the restaurant as a last ditch effort!

Looking forward to some pics and video of the kids:)

Happy FALL!

Lisa

Jboo said...

Lucy -- you've been busy, haven't you! What fun to go to a Notre Dame game and tailgate -- that's got to be a wild place on game days! Magnolia looks so sweet in her little tent! Great idea to put all the toys in one room -- I need to do that! Have a fun weekend!

Janet
P.S. Love the beautiful fall photo in your blog header!

Casey said...

Looks like a fabulous room!!! We so need a playroom here... I've hidden toys in many, many baskets but by the end of the day... well... it ain't pretty. :)

Jennifer said...

Lucy,
I love catching up with you :) I am getting ready to get the iPhone and the boys are sooo excited!! We miss you guys!

Jen