Thursday, October 01, 2009


I decided to keep Magnolia home from preschool this year because she has a late birthday and that would mean 3 years of preschool. I also wasn't sure she'd be ready to part from me (okay, and I from her). We're doing gymnastics together and she loves it and is growing more and more independent. We're also signed up for a craft class and she'll start swimming lessons with her daddy at the end of the month. I took her to library story time and put her in the group that has story time WITHOUT a caregiver. She asked if I'd be right outside folding laundry (what I do every night when I put her to bed). I told her I'd wait for her right outside and she was okay with that. She did the whole story time without coming out for me! I was so proud of her and so happy with the trust we've built together! In other news she had her first dentist appointment and was so brave and so good. I was convinced she had decay but what I was seeing was something the dentist told me either happened when she was in utero or something hereditary...we'll never know. She's talking my ear off lately and now asks if it's "quiet time or not" or if once we get downstairs (away from nursery)she still has to be quiet. I don't think she stops talking all day! Last weekend we went to the mall. When we pulled into the parking lot she said, "The mall, let's bark..woof woof!" She must think park & bark are the same word. She makes me laugh so much! She really loves dinosaurs and is doing a lot more imaginary play. She's also getting scared a lot more and the world of monsters has appeared. She's excited about Halloween and her costume which I'm trying to finish sewing! Here she is helping pick apples off our apple tree in our backyard.
A lot of exciting things have happened in George's world! He cut 2 teeth last week! He rolled over a couple of times one morning and hasn't since. Either he's just too fat or he doesn't find it very exciting. He has started to scoot though. On his tummy he pushes his rear in the air and scoots. He doesn't get far and fusses after a few minutes of this entirely exhausting exercise. He's starting to sit up much more on his own and topples less and less. He smiles nonstop and it's such a hoot to get him laughing. I thought he loved me like none other but I think his love for Magnolia is even greater. She ALWAYS cheers him up and they've really started to bond the past two weeks. It's a beautiful thing to watch.

We are having a lot of fun getting ready for fall, Halloween, and our birthdays, I love October!

10 comments:

Jboo said...

What a great update about your two kiddos! That Magnolia is a sweetie, isn't she! And little George -- he is too cute for words. Great photos -- how could you miss with such sweet subjects!

Hope you all have a great week! Are you making apple pie? :)
Janet

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

The kids are so sweet....I can't get over how much they have both grown...especially George. Hard to believe he is already moving around and cutting teeth!!

Sarah and Magnolia are just about the same age and we decided next year for preschool too. I just couldn't see her going for three years. Love the story about Park and Bark...that is so cute!


You know I am totally jealous of your apple trees in the backyard.....I would love to have one:)

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

I adore your photos, your little ones are so precious!!!

Oh how I wish for an apple tree like that in my back yard~ apple pies would be my calling card!

Anonymous said...

Lucy,

Such fun catching up on all of your blog entries from the past months. Both Magnolia and George are too cute! Love George's red lips and Magnolia's gorgeous style.

We can't wait to see the four of you. Hoping to be in STL for Easter.

Lots of love,

Molly & Gareth

Jill said...

Thanks for this sweet update! They are both adorable (as usual..LOL!) and I cannot get over how big George is getting!!

Sounds like Magnolia is getting to be quite the big girl these days! To bad you all don't live closer, I think she and Lucy would get along fabulously!!

Enjoy fall!
Hugs, Jill

Anonymous said...

Magnolia sounds like an amazing little girl! She and George are so adorable together, may they be best friends for life!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures, and cannot believe how much George has grown! It seems like you just had him! :)
Magnolia is such a doll, I can't wait to see what her costume is!!

Dawn

Jennifer said...

I love the new look!!! The pictures of the kids are great! They are getting so big! I am also jealous of the apple tree!!

Jen

Steffie B. said...

wonderful pictures.....the kids are darling....

Casey said...

haha!! I might have to bark every time I park now. That's so classic!! Looks like they are both doing so well!!