Saturday, October 31, 2009

Magnolia wanted to be a bat with big wings for as long as I can remember. I think it started about 6 months ago when Nana bought her the Stella Luna movie. She didn't change her mind once. Not once. Never even considered it. So, I took a sweater of Georges and cut legs into it and nipped and tucked here and there. I added wings and and some ears on her hat and it was done. I was so proud that she would be warm inside that wool sweater. I even put her pajamas on first then another layer before putting her in that bat suit. Poor thing still came home shivering cold!
Here she is showing us her candy. She had a great time and we let her eat quite a bit of it. I never knew the meaning of bouncing off walls before tonight but now I know...
Meanwhile, George slept through it all. We put him in a lambie sleeper that was Magnolia's because his first 2 options were too small and he was awfully mad about that. So here he is waking up at 6pm ready for his dinner and completely oblivious to anything. Gosh, I love this little stinker.
Here's the two of them early afternoon before costumes went on.
Hope you and yours had a wonderful Halloween too!

7 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

She is the cutest little bat ever!! Way to go Mag's for not changing your mind......I wish I could say the same for Miss Sarah:)

Oh gosh, I just want to pinch those little cheeks....George is so precious. Looks like you had a wonderful Halloween!

Lisa

Jboo said...

What a great Bat costume -- that is so cute!! And Baby Lambie George is adorable! Love all that candy!

Janet

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Hi~

I popped in from Livin La Vida Lia and your family is beautiful.

Looks like you all had a wonderful Halloween!

Blessings~
Lisa
Mommy to Lindy Li-Xiao (almost 4.5)
Waiting for her mei mei from Taiwan

Casey said...

Oh! That is THE cutest costume ever. Love the sweater idea. She looks so adorable.

And those CHEEKS on George. Wowza... they are so kissable. What a cutie.

Glad you all had a wonderful time. I'm still bouncing off walls myself.

Bridget said...

What a cute bat costume- you are quite talented Lucy! MAgnolia and George look cute as ever! Glad you had a fun Halloween!

Anonymous said...

Lucy,

You are sooo talented....I wish I could sew like that. Never mind sew, just coming up with the idea to use a mans sweater....!!!!! I can come up with ideas for costumes, but then the creativity stops right there!

Baby George is so darn cute...I love his cheeks. He just even looks like he loves to cuddle and snuggle!

Dawn

The Pruntys said...

Happy Halloween! Magnolia and George look so adorable. We love Stella Luna at our house! I love George's rolls in those diaper pics a few posts back - just want to eat him up. :)