Friday, November 06, 2009


We have been home an awful lot lately. This might otherwise drive me a little crazy but it's been nice. Real nice. We have spent the past two weeks getting George on a really good schedule...the first since he arrived! AND he's sleeping through the night! This has made a world of difference for us all. No one is sleep deprived and the routine has brought a good rhythm and comfort we all needed. I have been looking for an antique highchair for a while now. We were all squeezed around our island and I knew it was time we all sat down at the table together especially now since Baby George eats his meals with us. George surprised me one day by saying he was stuck behind a train and looked over and saw this highchair outside an antique store in a small town. He got out and bought it for me! I absolutely love it. It couldn't be a better fit in our house. It's from the forties and has a removable enamel tray! The best part was that he only paid $15! Seriously?! That's a great deal. Geesh, I love my husband. :)
Magnolia and I spend our mornings in the sewing room while George naps. I have been playing around with appliques and then decided to make a fall dress for her. It was so easy, I didn't even use a pattern and I love the way it looks on her with jeans. She was so tired of trying it on for me that I resorted to giving her lollipops every time I asked. We both thought that seemed like a fair deal. She works very hard on moving pins from pin cushion to pin cushion. I also threaded a needle for her and gave her some fabric on an embroidery hoop. She threaded it all through in no time...I think I need to come up something a little more challenging next time. :)
Another part of our routine is a walk in the late afternoon. We try to get out before the sun sets but that's growing closer and closer to 4:30pm! Magnolia has built up quite the stamina on these walks and each time we go a little further. Of course George just goes along for the ride. :)
George bought me a photography reflector for my birthday. While I still have no idea what I'm doing, I love to play around with it.
We have this song stuck in our heads a lot around here. We first heard it on Elizabeth Mitchell's You Are My Little Bird CD. It's the current favorite in our car. Then we heard it again but this time on t.v. If you aren't familiar with the Classical Baby Series, I highly recommend them. I might even love them more than my kids but they really do love to watch these.
Grassy Grass Grass
by Woodie Guthry

Grass grass grass, tree tree tree,
leafy leaf leaf,one two three.
Birdy birdy bird, fly fly fly,
nest nest nest, high high high.
Cloudy cloudy cloud, wind wind wind,
rain rain rain, mud mud mud,
Doggie doggie, dog runy run run,
quickie quick quick, homey home home.
Bedy bed bed, sheety sheet sheet,
sleepy sleep sleep, dreamy dream dream.
Dancie dance dance, singy sing sing,
grow grow grow, biggy big big.

Just thought I'd share what we've been up to. Have a great weekend everyone! I'm heading out for a girls weekend. The first time being away from my kids...ever!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the high chair!!! So glad George is sleeping through the night!!! Miss you guys!

Jen

Jboo said...

What a great find in that highchair! Love the photo of George in with Magnolia right there! Sounds like she is a very good helper! The dress/top looks so cute!

Hope you all have a fun weekend!

Janet

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

That high chair is such a fabulous find.....I LOVE IT and $15....that is such a steal!! Good for you:)

These pictures of the kids are so adorable....and YEAH for the reflector. If you want any help, let me know. You can email me.....my email is lisamuth at hotmail dot com. It is amazing what a little bit of light can do to a face in a photograph.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!!

Lisa

Bridget said...

Hey Lucy hope you enjoyed your girls weekend!!! I'm sure you missed the kids but hopefully had a fun time away! LOVE the highchair!! So cute and a bargain as well! (My dad refinished my mom's baby highchair and gave it to us when we brought Lucy home! I am saving it to give to her).

Love the dress!!! Also love the chair behind Magnolia in the picture. I have the exact same fabric that is on the chair on my family room valences(sp?) I love it!

So fun that Magnolia is learning to "sew". Wish you could teach me something:)

George and Magnolia look adorable as ever!!! Glad you are enjoying the shorter days with a long walk!

Hope you have a great week ahead!

~Bridget

Casey said...

Love the high chair!!! My mom has a similar one in wood but the tray was lost so we never really used it until she could sit more on her own at the table. I love that one!! Beautiful color too...

Love the dress too! So talented... trust me. I would need a pattern :)

Franciscan Spirituality Center said...

I love the tunic dress that you made for miss mags! adorable--you should sell those at a boutique or something...XOXO