Sunday, December 20, 2009


...are my two front teeth. Yes, they have arrived! Finally. It took 3 months, a lot tears, drool, sleepless nights, and gnawing on anything in sight. It has been the bloodiest battle I've ever seen getting those teeth to come through. I never knew it could be so awful. He's not happy about it either. He won't let me go near his mouth and God forbid he smiles for me so I can document a final gummy smile. I took about 50 shots before giving up. Even without a smile, that face still melts my heart.

In other news we've been very busy around here but who isn't? It's the craziest time of the year and I've finally fallen in love with it all over again. Here are some bullets to summarize:

*Elf on the Shelf arrived from Papaw and family. What fun he's been and Magnolia named him Candycane.

*I love red with lime green this year.

*For the first time I brought in a lot of cut evergreens in from our yard, Blue Spruce, Austrian Pine, and Cedar. I put them in vases and love all of the green.

*I dyed a wool blanket red, cut it and other old woolen blankets up for pillows and stockings.

*I successfully made 8 gingerbread houses for our 2nd annual Gingerbread House Decorating party. (Last year I glued graham crackers to the sides of small milk cartons)

*We went to see Christmas Lights this weekend, saw real reindeer, and ate hot doughnuts as snow started to fall. Could it get any better than that?


It's been a super fun holiday season. Magnolia & George bring me so much joy!

I'm looking forward to these last days before Christmas, having George home for a long vacation, and our mini holiday in between!

6 comments:

Casey said...

You have been a busy elf!! Love those stockings!!! This is the best time of the year... by far. I love being busy with crafts and holiday chores and I love, love the children's excitement.

Merry Christmas to you all!

Franciscan Spirituality Center said...

I love that pic of Georgie-he just melts my heart! Oh, I could kiss those cheeks. And, tell Miss Mags that her goo-ni-ni misses her sooo much and will see her soon (I hope). I love that she named that elf "candycane", how sweet of her. She does love her mint-y. :)

Miss you and great job (martha) on making your house so warm and holidayish. you are really, really talented!
Love you,
Emily

Jboo said...

Oh my -- your photo of George is so adorable -- what a darling little face! You have been busy -- sounds like so much fun and your photos are lovely! Have a wonderful Christmas with your sweet family!

Janet

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

That picture of George is absolutely adorable....I just want to grab those little cheeks!!!

Your house looks beautiful....I love all your little Christmas touches.....especially the fresh greens.....I can smell them from here!!

Merry Christmas to you all!! It will be here really soon:)


xo,

Lisa

BTW, loved your card!!!

Anonymous said...

Love these pics Lucy. Thanks again for a fantastic party yesterday!!:) Merry Christmas to all!

Love,
Christine

Jennifer said...

Lucy,
Wishing you George, Magnolia & George a VERY Merry Christmas!! We miss you guys and LOVED your Christmas card!! You continue to amaze me, Miss Martha :)

Love,
Jen