Monday, December 07, 2009

We've been so busy around here. Fun busy though. We've been decking the halls indoor and out. Shopping is almost done. Christmas cards ordered. I can't say I'm excited about the Christmas cards. Just look at those two elves. Stinkers! Impossible to get a good picture anymore. Magnolia jumps out of bed every morning excited to open her advent calendar. She always helps George open his and then eats his chocolate. She also took charge of the candy canes on the Christmas tree and hid them under the table in the living room. This morning I found her with two ice skate ornaments around her ankles.
Aunt Emily came this past weekend. I snapped this picture of George sitting on her lap as soon as he woke up full of smiles. St. Nick brought both Magnolia and George candy canes, chocolate Santas, and new pajamas.
We had our first snowfall yesterday. For the first time Magnolia really loved the snow. We played together in it while George napped. I pulled her around the yard in her sled. I took a corner too hard and she did a face plant right in the snow. She didn't even complain. She was so happy...and tired. After I parked the sled she just sat there until she dozed off. I had to grab my camera for that sweet face and those rosy cheeks.

4 comments:

Jboo said...

Sounds like you are busy and having so much fun! Love those photos!! So very cute! Already done with shopping?! Lucky you! :)

Janet

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

It does sound like a fun busy:) The kids are so, so cute!!! I love all the new photos. It is such a fun time of year for our little ones....sometimes I get lost in watching them. You know, seeing things through their eyes. Make my heart happy:)

Glad to hear Magnolia likes the snow this year!!!

Happy Holidays to you and your family!

xo,

Lisa

BTW, if you talk to Jen, tell her I asked about her.....she has disappeared on us:(

Bridget said...

Oh those pictures are too sweet - especially the one of Magnolia sleeping (reminds me of Lucy - she falls asleep everywhere and it always makes me laugh) Glad you are enjoying December. We are too. Lucy is so excited for Christmas and everything that goes with it! Enjoy the season!!!!

~Bridget

Jill said...

Can't believe she just fell asleep like that! She must have been one tired chicka!
Enjoy the snow!