Friday, February 19, 2010


Oh how I love her smile, her laugh, and her absolute sweetness.  I love her stories, her talking, and the way she sees things.  She delights us and anyone else who meets her.  She's a real gem and I'm so proud to be her mama!   She's a very happy girl with a wild imagination.  If she's not a dog named "Bark" all day then she's the proud owner of a small dog/brother named "Holly."  Sometimes when she's tired of carrying things in her mouth all day, she curls up in a nest and chews on green string because she's a dinosaur and that's her grass.  Bambi is another favorite, with little white spots and a tail that wags.  Sometimes she becomes the mommy and takes care of me or a little girl named Magnolia.  She's very interested in people's hair color, skin color, the story of China and how she came to be.  Equally as interesting is talking about the weather, noting whether it's windy or cloudy or sunny, she really likes to take note of that.  Her latest achievement is dressing herself for the day and that would include picking out her own clothes.  One day she dressed herself head to toe in black because that was her "suit" and she was going to work, just like daddy.   I wish I could bottle so many of our many exchanges during the day.  Sometimes she just knocks me off my feet with the things she says.  Life with a three year old is something else!

I thought I would share some of her recent artwork that so graciously adorns our walls.   It is our family; Mommy, Magnolia, Baby George, and Daddy respectively.

6 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

She is so cute!! I love this picture of her....such a sweet capture, so in the moment....her smile and laughter is almost contagious:)

It is funny how the imaginations are running wild at this age...... Sarah is really into this phase as well!!

Love what you did with her artwork.....great idea to frame and hang:)

Enjoy your weekend!

xo,

Lisa

Casey said...

She's a cutie!! Love that smile...

And I LOVE LOVE her artwork. What a fantastic idea...

p said...

What a doll!!

Jboo said...

What a little sweetheart!! Maddy and she would have so much fun together -- she often likes to pretend she's a dog!

Beautiful girl and so talented -- lovely artwork! Hope you have a great week!

Janet

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post! Magnolia is a doll...I love this picture of her.

I hope you are doing well!!

Dawn

Bridget said...

Magnolia is so cute and I just loved reading about her sweet imagination! Wouldn't you just love to know what goes on in their little heads? Loved her artwork as well she is quite the artist! Hope all's well!

~Bridget