Wednesday, June 02, 2010


It's a done deal.  I never thought it would happen as fast as it did but it did.  We left our house to spend the weekend up on the island.  We barely left it in showing condition thinking no one would come through on a holiday weekend.  The buyers came through it on Saturday, again on Sunday, drew up an offer on Monday, we countered on Tuesday and they accepted on Wednesday!  Whew!  The kicker of it all?  We close on the 25th.  June 25th that is.  We have 21 days to move out.  AND with no place to go!  Top on my list is finding temporary housing.  Next will be one massive garage sale.  I'll be back soon but I've got so much to do!  So happy we can finally start our new journey!
This is one of the many messes the kids made today as I frantically drew up a To Do List and made numerous phone calls.  

5 comments:

Jboo said...

Wow!! Congrats -- that is so exciting and I'm sure such a relief! Wish I lived nearby to go to your garage sale! Good luck -- I'm sure you'll get everything accomplished!

Janet

anne & david said...

hooray-- such fabulous news. congratulations!! enjoy the adrenaline high. :) xxx

Anonymous said...

YEAH! Awesome news! I am so happy for you! Everything will fall into place, I am sure. I sure wished I lived closer, cause I would be one of the first in line at your garage sale!! :)

Happy packing!! How exciting for you!!

Dawn

kimpanek said...

Congrats Lucy! Best of luck with the move and can't wait to hear about the new house!

Casey said...

Congrats!!!! That is great news! You'll find a place in no time :)