Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Busy!


Oh my my.  Where have I been?  My camera has been buried and we've been so busy.  Busy enjoying our new house and summer.   Our house is hardly done.  The only time for the house is nap time and that's been touch and go lately.   The living room and dining room are nearly bare and ready for some new furniture and decorating.  We're trying to live with it until we get the outside work done.   All of these projects seem so easy on paper but then you throw in two little kids and it seems it will take years to complete anything.   The mini face lift on the front of the house is almost done but I'm having a hard time finding a light fixture I like.  I should be able to show the before and afters of that soon.  Our house is yet another corner lot (make that 3 for us now!) so we want to completely privatize our yard with evergreens.  We're hoping to get that project done by summers' end so we have that extra growing season.  In the meantime we're doing a lot of furniture rearranging and talking about how to furnish the inside.   This is the only shot I've taken recently.  Magnolia beautifully shucked the corn for me at dinner time and George, well he had a fit because he wanted to eat it raw.

These two continue to keep me so busy.  We go to the parks a lot.  We explore and find new places to go for lunch.  We take long walks everyday.  We blow bubbles and eat popsicles on our sidewalk.  Magnolia is enrolled in preschool.  We found new doctors.  We're making friends.  We're getting signed up for classes this fall.  We are really enjoying our new surroundings.

Hope you all are enjoying your summer!

P.S.  You get a glimpse of our seriously outdated kitchen...our biggest project!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy for you that you are getting settled in and meeting new friends. I can't wait to see your before and after pictures!

Boy, I sure need Magnolia here to shuck the corn on the cob when I make it! I HATE shucking it! lol!

Have a great week!

Dawn

Bridget said...

Hi Lucy! Sounds like you have accomplished quite a bit in a short time. I am glad you guys are settling in and enjoying your new house. Doctors, pre-school and new friends already-good for you. So glad all is going well. Can't wait to see your before and after pics. Right now I just pretty much have before pics-but I am working on that!

Enjoy the week!

Bridget

Jboo said...

What a great helper your Magnolia was with that corn and George -- cute and funny -- wanting it right now!

Sounds like you are busy and getting a lot accomplished -- there is so much involved in moving! I am way behind on blog reading this summer and blaming it on the extreme heat and taking care of puppy!

Hope you have a great weekend!

janet

Jennifer said...

Lucy,
It sounds like you are having lots of fun, in your new house & town! Cannot wait to see the pictures :)

Jen