Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Quick Recap

I guess it's taking me longer to transition than I thought!  I haven't been taking any photographs and what  I do shoot isn't very good.  Here's a quick recap of the happenings around here.  On August 6th we celebrated Family Day.  It has been three years since we first held Magnolia yet the memory is so vivid and so wonderful I know that it will stay like that my whole life.  I love to remember that day and she likes to tell the story of what  happened.  Here she is with the umbrella she received on Family Day.  It's one of many gifts we bought for her in China to be saved and given to her every year on that day.  

Meanwhile George got his first real haircut.  I wasn't really ready but realized that I can't hold on to his baby curls forever.  It was a chronic bird's nest in the back so it was time.  Besides he looks awfully cute with his big boy hair!
Last weekend we were finally able to make headway in the house.  Both kid rooms are done!  I'll post pics soon!  

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Happy Family Day to you guys!!! Best day ever:) I love the big boy haircut on George he looks adorable as ever!! Hope things are going well. I know it is a lot of work getting settled. Sounds like you are doing great. Can't wait to see the kids rooms. Hope you have a great weekend!!!