Monday, November 15, 2010

A Night on the Island

We went up for our final weekend of the season to close up the house.  Like seeing a long lost friend, these two played contentedly for hours rediscovering their island toys and books.  It was pure bliss for me as I got to finish Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls.  If you've read The Glass Castle, you've got to read this one!
During the daylight hours we had quite a bit of work to do.  George did the bulk of it including cutting an enormous amount of evergreen boughs to bring back home.  You can see how packed we were!
The kids were so wiped out from the fresh air and adrenaline pumping ferry ride, they slept for the three hours on the ride home!
So long island, we'll see you in the spring!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I am so jealous of your island home....it just looks so peaceful and serene. Would you like to adopt me too? Even though I'm 30, married and have 2 kids? :)