Thursday, December 16, 2010

Getting Out of the House

We had some seriously cold days this week.  I was actually starting to feel cabin fever which put me in a panic because winter has only just begun.  We decided to go and check out the nature center just a few miles up the road from us along Lake Michigan.  I quickly signed us up to be members and then we headed out for a VERY short walk.  It was perfect.  We all got red cheeks and felt a little exhilarated by the freezing temps.  
Nani was with us and was a great spotter of many animal tracks in the snow.
Magnolia made tracks of her own.
Magnolia has a sudden interest in wearing scarves.  I wasn't too excited by any in the stores so Nani suggested we make some from recycled wool.  Great idea.  I made Magnolia's and she made George's.  

Don't you just love those fire engines???
I was feeling like there was no way I could pull off a gingerbread house decorating party this year but I just couldn't let it go.  After all, I made 8 houses last year with an 8 month old.  Today I made 5 houses, called my parents and sister and asked them to come over and join in the fun this weekend.   I'm going to make punch for the first time and a hot gingerbread drink made from Guinness, dark rum, lots of spices, and topped with whipped cream.  Doesn't that sound good?
last year's lineup...just look at that little guy!

Happy Holidays!!!

1 comment:

Bridget said...

I'm glad you got out and enjoyed the cold weather! Our newest sweetie - despises the cold weather and cries every time we go outside!! Hoping that changes or we will have a very long winter:) LOVE the scarves you guys made! Seriously - you need to go into business - I would be your first customer!! Hope all is well and you are enjoying the season!

- Bridget