Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I never enter sweepstakes. Really, I don't. I think the last time I entered a contest to win something I was 10. My parents took us all to country fair where I entered my to name to win a handmade quilt. Imagine my surprise when I got the call that I was the winner! My parents drove me back out to the country to claim my prize. For a long time they considered me lucky. As one of six, they would single me out when luck was needed. I remember pulling into gas stations so I could go in and pick the numbers on a lottery ticket. Like I said, I never won anything since so my luck status wained and eventually was forgotten. Then one morning last week I got an email from one of my favorite places to shop for my kids, Olive Juice. It said it was the last day to enter their summer sweepstakes. All I had to do was enter photographs showing where Olive Juice took us this summer. I happened to have a few photographs of Magnolia wearing her white pique ruffled dress from Olive Juice. I settled into my computer at nap time and submitted my entry. One week later, I got the call that I won! I really didn't believe her and have remained in shock until today when they posted it on their website. Go ahead, take a look! It's true! I won, I won, I won! Did I mention the prize is a $1000.00 gift card. My oh my, what fun! Thank you Olive Juice!

1 comment:

Jboo said...

Wow -- the quilt win is great, but a $1,000 from Olive Juice -- you are lucky! What fun! Enjoy spending that!

Janet