Friday, August 01, 2014

Summer on Wash. Isle 2014

 Our month on the island was SO perfect.  I can't ever remember being as relaxed as I was being there. The island is very good at slowing  you down. 

They must have taken this selfie first thing in the morning.


 Not only were Nani and her cat, Lindy, with us but cousin Musa was too.  I'm not sure why I don't have photos of him there because I know I took a lot of them.  I'm sure I'll find them as I continue to update the blog.




 We loved see what kind of moths would show up every morning.
 While George would head back to the mainland during the week, we were always excited to see him on the weekends.  Here are the welcome home cards the kids would make.

A visit to the Danish Mill was a daily thing.
 The lavender fields have been planted. Can't wait to see them mature.

 The kids did a lot of kayaking on their own.

 And reading. This is the summer Magnolia fell in love with Roald Dahl.  We read A LOT of his books while on the island including James and the Giant Peach.
 And exploring.




 And just enjoying the scenery.

 Dinner our at Sailor's Pub.



















 Scootering. A LOT of scootering this summer. Here we are at Jackson Harbor.











 It was a wonderful time!


No comments: