Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Nothing

Our agency has confirmed that there's no indication that the CCAA has mailed out referrals yet. China is sleeping now so this news won't change today. Maybe tomorrow morning we'll hear better news but I'm not holding out hope. I don't think we'll see referrals until next week.

It is now 36 days in between batches of referrals. Is this normal? Not really. Here's what Rumor Queen has said about the number of days in between batches: "The last 12 batches have had 29, 31, 35, 24, 32, 38, 28, 34, 29, 32, 32, and 25 days between first arrivals of referrals. The average is 31 days, and the number that shows up the most is 32 days. The shortest time period is 24 days and the longest is 38 days."

38 days would bring us to Thursday but since we know they're not in the air, this batch is going to break the record probably arriving on day 42 or 43 (next Monday or Tuesday). I hate to be pessimistic but I'm not surprised that it would be our batch to break this new record. I've heard from others that these final days are the WORST part of the whole wait. I completely understand now.

I know it's spring but how come we keep running into bird eggs? First we had them up north right in our window and last night I spotted a robin's egg that had fallen out of the nest in our yard. George picked it up (with a glove on, if that helps) and put it back. I kind of got freaked out that the dropped egg could be a sign. I won't even go there...


No comments: