Tuesday, July 03, 2007

It's the Little Things

Yesterday I met with Magnolia's pediatrician. When they came to get me, they called out "Magnolia." I just had to smile. I'm finally a mother, going to the doctor, getting her prescriptions. I have a daughter with a name, with a face, waiting for me. When I went to pick up her prescriptions I told them they were for my daughter, Magnolia, and found myself beaming at getting to say this. So, it was just these little occurrences yesterday that made me feel so happy. The pharmacist, the doctor, and the nurses all comment how much of a process the adoption must have been. All I can do is smile and tell them just how long I have waited for her. I've heard it said that when you finally get your daughter it's like seeing a celebrity. I can imagine because all we do is stare at her picture studying every part of her and imagine what's she like. I can see how awestruck we'll be when we see her in real life.

No comments: