Monday, July 02, 2007

Making Room for Baby

Beautiful summer weekend at home. We did a little yardwork and mostly hung out on the patio. We made room in the garage for the strollers & toys. We put Magnolia's bike seat on my bike. We went to a new italian grocery that opened in town and was sorry to discover their pistachio gelato.
We also made several trips to Walmart and Target in attempts to purchase baby essentials. I have to say it's all pretty overwhelming especially when your baby is already 8 months old and you have yet to see her. It's hard to know what size diaper she'll be in, what kind of bottle she's used to, if she reacts to a certain wipe, lotion, or soap. Harder because you're hoping you get it right the first try with these products since you'll be traveling halfway around the world without a Walmart around the corner in case you need something else. Then it's the medicines they have suggested to bring, an endless list of drugs! Finally on Sunday, I went by myself to Walmart and got started. Now I'm on a roll and nearly finished.
I'm anxious to finish the shopping and get started on finishing up the nursery...

No comments: