Thursday, November 08, 2007

First Haircut

I trimmed the back of Magnolia's hair today. I was so nervous but it turned out fine. She has such beautiful hair, I think it would be hard to mess it up. I put her in her highchair and gave her two crackers, one for each hand and it was done in seconds. I put her hair in an envelope, dated it, and sealed it. Here are some photos from this week.


She loves to empty her shoe/hat/mitten basket.
She discovered the pots and pans but wasn't that interested. I let her chew on the comb while I took pictures of her first haircut.
Pretty darn cute.
Magnolia loves books. She goes to her pile downstairs and upstairs and flips through them by herself. This week she even brought me one of her favorites for me to read to her. I couldn't believe it.
When the social worker came one of the questions she asked was if Magnolia pointed to things. I told her no. Yesterday she pointed to a picture of me and said "mama." I was doing something else in the room before I even noticed. Then I put together a collection of photos with only one photo of me and I asked her to find mama. She pointed to my picture right away.
The other night we were listening to music while playing and one song had the word "baby" in the chorus. Every time she heard the word "baby" she dropped her toy and did the sign for baby.
She's so much fun and I delight in every one of her milestones.

No comments: