Thursday, December 06, 2007

Patridge in a Pear Skirt

We bought this skirt for Magnolia in a mall in China. Love that it says "happy girls room" on the leggings. We bought a few things in China with sayings that seemed to have gotten lost in translation. Magnolia grew a half an inch in one month and gained over a pound! She seems like she's gotten so big but she's still on the bottom of the growth charts. Here she's outgrown one of my favorite sweaters but growing into her little green wellies!
We went to a candlelight memorial ceremony for our girls last night. We try to go every year. It's such a nice ceremony and we see a lot of familiar faces. We also bring a toy in memory of our girls to give to the Salvation Army. I didn't think I'd be so sad this year because Magnolia has brought me so much joy but the past week has been a little melancholy and I'm anxious to get beyond their anniversary. I was, on the other hand, overjoyed that I saw two other families in our support group there with brand new babies! And us, with Magnolia on our laps, just made me realize how much time heals and life goes on. Unfortunately we couldn't stay for the whole ceremony because Magnolia was WILD!

No comments: