Sunday, January 20, 2008

Cabin Fever

Wow, it was a cold one. I'm sure it's been this cold before and probably even colder but only when you have a little one does it really matter. We did venture out Sat. for a couple of hours but we were housebound all day today. George went to the Packer Game so it was just Mags and me on a lazy Sunday afternoon. I finally finished up all the "shrunken wool sweater" projects.
I thought I would be done with these for a while but as I scrounged through my basket of wool looking for something for another project, I discovered two sweater arms and thought they would make cute leggings for Magnolia. So, as usual, I got completely sidetracked and completely engrossed in making these leggings. Here's Magnolia wearing them. Magnolia stayed busy poking her pencil in the center of Cheerios. :)
Magnolia now goes and stands under her chair when she wants to eat and does the sign for "eat." She must have been so hungry because she loved her spaghetti and wanted to kiss me when she was eating it...she was so happy!
Today Magnolia said "baby" clear as a bell. She's also saying "hi" but they way she says it is so cute, like she's SO excited to see you. The other day we were playing in her room and, as usual, her books are all over the floor. I started to recite one of the stories and she turned and looked for the book I was reciting and brought it to me. I was so surprised that I did anther book and she brought me that book and this went for quite some time. I just couldn't believe it! She's learning so quickly. She's really amazing me every single day.
Hoping everyone stayed warm this weekend. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the pics-glad you wer warm & cozy too. The leggins are a hoot & spagt looks good!! LOVE,NANA

Emily said...

Love the photos! Kiss that face,
love Emily

Jodie said...

Oh my - I bet you had fun cleaning up that spaghetti baby. She is so cute. Love the little projects you do too. You and your sis are so creative in the sewing, knitting, shrinking wool department.

The Pruntys said...

Lucy,
You are so talented and creative - I wish I could sew like you!! Magnolia is so adorable and smart. I love that she puts the pencil through the Cheerios - so funny! Kids are so hilarious and inventive - Jack makes me laugh a hundred times every day. :)