Friday, June 06, 2008


One year ago today was one of the most amazing, thrilling, and beautiful days of my life. It was the glorious day that the phone rang and we heard on the other end, "You have a daughter and she is beautiful." George and I sat at the kitchen counter with the phone on speaker and just started to cry. There she was, the little girl we had waited so long for. In that very moment she came alive, she became real, and she was ours. The other details just didn't seem so important. The fact that someone told us we had a daughter was all we needed to hear. We just wanted to see her face and hold her. Within minutes we got the email that had the very small photo of Jiang Cheng Ling and we knew that was her. That was our daughter. George started crying but I just squealed with delight at this little tiny thing that had such a serious look on her face with round cheeks, rosebud lips, and a beautiful head of hair. It was love at first sight and I couldn't contain my happiness. I was on cloud nine for a long time and sometimes I think I still am. :) I have never in my life been as happy as I am now having Magnolia June Ling.
(You can read about last June 6th here, here, here,and here.)

Magnolia today

7 comments:

Jodie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodie said...

Aw Lucy, you are such a touching writer. I love those pictures: she looks so happy and carefree.

Jennifer said...

Happy Anniversary!
I know I have said it before, but you guys are really a wonderful Mommy & Daddy to one lucky little girl :)

The Pruntys said...

Magnolia is such a beautiful little girl! What a wonderful anniversary to celebrate and remember. I'm so happy for you!

Love,
Kelly

Jodie said...

Hey Lucy - will you tell your Mom thank you for all of the nice comments she leaves me? :)

Emily said...

Wow, already 1 year has passed since this memorable day! We all are thrilled for your beautiful & happy family! Magnolia is adorable! Love, Emily

Bridget said...

Happy one year anniversary of receiving your referral! Such a very special day! Magnolia's referral picture is beautiful as is her current one! Hope you enjoyed a nice weekend!